The success of Gator Grip has inspired some companies to violate patents and offer cheap, low quality copies. Only Gator Grip features:
- High quality alloy steel parts: Copies use cheap soft steel parts that break the first time you use them. Gator Grip uses hardened alloy steel parts that last a lifetime.
- More rods: Gator Grip uses 54 rods. Copies use half as many. More rods means that Gator Grip? fits more fasteners and fits them faster and better.
- Round rods: Copies use square or hexagonal rods with sharp edges. Sharp edges gouge fasteners and are prone to fracture. Gator Grip uses round rods that are gentle on fasteners and resistant to fracture.
- Scalloped socket walls: The scallops perform two functions: 1) they help move torque to the walls of the socket and 2) as a fastener is turned rods ride up the scallop walls and move inward to clamp down on the fastener.
- Higher torque: Better steel and more rods means Gator Grip can deliver 4X to 5X the turning force. Copies fail at 30-40 ft. lbs. Gator Grip has been tested to over 150 ft. lbs. (it exceeds 200 ft. lbs. in lab tests) – equal to the torque of conventional sockets.
- Resistance to solvents: Some knockoffs fall apart when cleaned in parts cleaner, paint thinner or gasoline – the springs are held in place with hot melt glue! Gator Grip uses an engineering grade solvent-resistant polymer.
All items are sent using Smart Send Express parcel. You can expect your items within 1-5 days of purchase, but many customers receive their Gator Grip the next business day.
We offer a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty, and where applicable will cover the return postage and extend store credit to the value of the goods returned.
The rods transfer the turning force from the fastener to the socket walls. The rods are compressed and are not subject to bending forces. Inferior imitations that are selling for cheap do not offer this level of precision and strength.
Depending on the specific design, the answer is probably yes. Gator Grip grips around the edges and not in the center. If the fastener edge is anything other than perfectly round then Gator Grip should work.